Valley of Rainbows' Youth Leaders and Honolulu Police Department take to the streets to caution drivers about Driving with Aloha!
Join Valley of Rainbows and hundreds of youth to promote Safe Teen Driving and Project Ignition!
Drive with Aloha! Arrive Alive! Buckle up@ No Text/Cell! Slow Down for Pedestrians!
Take the pledge to be safe teen drivers at the next Youth Leadership event and share this important information with your peers, siblings, classmates and friends. Let's decrease number of traffic crashes and injuries where seat belts were not in use! Be part of the change!
- NEW 2019-2020! Valley of Rainbows was one of 20 agencies selected by National Youth Leadership Council (NYLC) to adress teen-driver safety issues and to change Teen Driver Safety through education and awareness activities, engaging youth to create change, and ultimately save lives!
- In 2019, our first project was held at Nanakuli Intermediate and High School on Tuesday, December 11 in partnership with the Honolulu Police Department, District 8 (Kapolei). Over 100 students and volunteers held a sign waving event at the entrance of the school, cautioning drivers and their peers to Drive with Aloha, Buckle Up and No Distracted (text/cell) Driving. See photos at https://nhisphotography.wordpress.com
- From this activity, Valley of Rainbows youth will be partnering with the community and Werner `Ohana "Live and Let Live" holiday project. A graphic car wreck will be on display along Farrington Hwy. (by Piliokahi/Zabland) to bring strong awareness of drinking and driving, speeding and consequences of not wearing seat belts. Sign waving will be held 12/19, 12/27 and 1/10 3-4:30 p.m. We are working together to raise awareness in our community. #ProjectIgnition #SafeTeenDrivers
- Over 500 youth, grades 6-12, will sign a pledge to be Safe Teen Drivers and share this important information with their family members.
- These banners were displayed at over 11 schools to share the message and solicit others to take the pledge.
- Project Ignition Safe Teen Driving sign waving campaigns will be held at the three local high schools in partnership with Honolulu Police Department. Over 500 youth and community members will take to the roads with their Safe Driving signs cautioning drivers to Buckle Up!Slow Down, Drive with Aloha, Speed Kills, Arrive Alive, No Texting/Cell Phones and Cage the Rage signs.
- 2020 Dates: April 14 & 16 at Kapolei HS (7am); Kalanianaole Beach Park (4pm), Waianae High School (4pm) Nanakuli Inter & High (7am)
- 2019 dates: 4/10 7am at Kapolei HS and 3pm at Waianae HS (cafe) and 4/11 3:30 pm at Kalanianaole Beach Park (Nanakuli). Email firstname.lastname@example.org or see your PCNC/Counselor at your school to register. Refreshments provided.